SUNRISE POWERLINK ALPINE CONSTRUCTION SUMMARY: November 9, 2011
- Construction activity on Alpine Boulevard continues on several tracks, including digging the trench for the underground cable, installing cable and preparing for the jack and bore process. Construction activities for the County of San Diego’s Streetscape Improvement Plan and 20A utility undergrounding effort are continuing.
- As of November 9, SDG&E has completed the installation of all 40 vaults on Alpine Boulevard. Overall construction on the Alpine underground segment is more than 75 percent complete.
- Outlook for week of November 7-12: Excavating west of Tavern Road and east of West Victoria, Monday-Thursday. Cable pulling west of Star Valley Road, Monday-Thursday. Working on bridge east of Star Valley Road, Monday-Thursday. Working on San Diego County’s streetscape improvements west of South Grade Road and west of West Victoria, Monday-Thursday. Working on the 20A utility undergrounding effort east and west of South Grade Road, Monday-Thursday. NO WORK ON NOVEMBER 11 DUE TO VETERAN’S DAY.
- Outlook for week of November 14-19: Excavating west of Tavern Road and east of West Victoria, Monday-Friday. Cable pulling west of Star Valley Road, Monday-Friday. Working on bridge east of Star Valley Road, Monday-Friday. Working on San Diego County’s streetscape improvements west of South Grade Road and west of West Victoria, Monday-Friday. Working on the 20A utility undergrounding effort east and west of South Grade Road, Monday-Friday.
- All construction activities listed above are taking place along Alpine Boulevard. Cross streets are provided as a reference only. Most construction is taking place from 7 AM to 5 PM; except west of Tavern Road, east of South Grade Road and at the jack and bore location near Alpine Creek, where construction is taking place from 7 AM to 7 PM. These hours have been approved by San Diego County.
- The information provided above is a general overview of potential construction activities for the weeks of November 7-12, and November 14-19. Business requests, weather conditions and other considerations will be taken into account when determining daily work assignments. Construction schedules are subject to change without notice.
- On November 7, two SDG&E gas crews began installing new gas lines along Eltinge Dr. One crew will begin work near Bay Meadows Dr. and go west toward Marshall Rd. while another crew will start near Eltinge Pl. and work east toward South Grade Rd. In order to minimize impacts to residents in the area, hours of work will be limited to 9:00am – 4:30pm, Monday – Friday. The project is expected to be completed by December 9, 2011. This project is a separate SDG&E gas project and is not a part of the Sunrise Powerlink project.