The BEST way to reunite a missing pet with its family is through the Alpine Community Network. WE HAVE AMAZING RESULTS REUNITING PETS WITH THEIR FAMILIES QUICKLY! We have members ALL OVER the Alpine Community, which means LOTS OF EYES looking for your pet! The quicker the owner makes a connection with someone who has seen their pet the better chance they have of being reunited. So here is how it works:
If your pet is lost:
1. Post a lost pet alert on the Alpine Community Network as soon as possible. (See Form Below) PLEASE INCLUDE A PHOTO IF POSSIBLE!
2. A lost pet email alert is sent to all residents on our email list and it will also be posted on the Alpine Community Network WEBSITE under the post subject LOST & FOUND PETS. It will ALSO be posted on our Facebook Page.
3. Any community members who have seen the missing pet or who may have information that will help the owner locate their beloved family member can contact the owner via telephone, email or comment on the post. Once the pet is found we list the success on the post.
4. Check the SD County Animal Shelter (Southern Region – BONITA) to see if your pet is there http://www.sddac.com/lostandfound.asp
If you find a lost pet you do the same thing:
1. Take the Animal to the nearest vet to have them scanned for a Microchip.
2. Post a found pet alert on the Alpine Community Network as soon as possible. (FORM BELOW) Remember – Photos are a PLUS! EMAIL PHOTOS DIRECTLY TO ME using this link EMAIL.
3. A found pet email alert is sent to our email Network members AND posted on the WEBSITE and our Facebook Page.
4. Anyone who is missing a pet or who may have information about the owner can contact the person via telephone, email or comment on the post. Once the pet is found we list the success.
IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ! INFORMATION from the County of SD Animal Services Website about what to do if you have LOST or FOUND a PET http://www.sddac.com/lostandfound.asp
The County Animal Shelter phone number is 263-7741. Please note that all animals found in East County are taken to the BONITA SHELTER (Southern Region) Please check their website to see if your pet is there http://www.sddac.com/lostandfound.asp
For lost & found pet alerts in order of date and to view comments about missing pet alerts click here Lost & Found Pets.